should know about
Muslims and Jesus
- Muslims love Jesus. We also love Abraham, Moses, and Noah, to name just a few other Prophets Muslims revere. May God’s peace be upon all of these great messengers of God.
- Muslims also love the mother of Jesus, the Virgin Mary. We believe she was a pious and noble woman chosen over all of the women of the world.
- Muslims believe that Jesus was born miraculously of a virgin mother and no father. His birth is miraculous like the birth of Adam, the first human being, who was created with neither mother nor father.
- Muslims do not believe that Jesus was the son of God. God is so powerful and self-sufficient that He does not need a son or any kind of partner.
- In Arabic Bible the name for God is Allah. Therefore all Arab Christian call God Allah as Muslim do as well.
- Jesus did not die on the cross. Rather, God saved him as his enemies were confused about him. Jesus was taken up by God to Heaven.
- Jesus is called Isa (pronounced Eesa) in Arabic.
- Jesus performed miracles by the Will of God, like healing the blind and those with leprosy.
- Jesus prayed to the same God as all Prophets and we pray to.
- Jesus will return before the end of the world.